A little confused, a lot stoked and a whole bunch of gushing came over me a couple of weeks ago when the very Honestly, Libby nominated Find+Share forward for a Liebster Award.
What the hell is a Leibster Award? Yep – if you’re new to the online community like me then you’ll be asking this question. From what I can make out thanks to Libby and Lorraine over at WordingWell the award is all about helping out smaller blogs get noticed and connected.
So here are the rules I’ve been given:
Rule #1: Post the award logo on your blog.
Check. It’s in this post.
Rule #2: Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site.
On it – the fabulous, and honestly, Libby can be found here
Rule #3: Write 11 Random facts about yourself.
This, frighteningly, was what came to mind. And probably what’s more embarrassing is the order.
- I’m a seeker of ease and stillness but ironically I tend to be so busy getting there that I miss the moment.
- I’m Mummy to a rad little girl named Harper Hudson <3
- I’m Wifey to my incredibly supportive and hunk-of-a-husband Mr. Travis Hudson
- I recently decided to rock a new blonde-do for the first time since ‘splicing’ was cool in grade 10. Still deciding if this was a good decision.
- I do most things ‘by the book’.
likeam obsessed with neatness.
- I hate cold weather. Like really hate it.
- It’s taken me a while to figure out life is simple and that I have a tendency to want to complicate it.
- I love magazines and will never buy the ‘e’ version.
- I get great pleasure from alone time.
- I treat shopping like a treasure hunt.
Rule #4: Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
To be honest I felt I had to kind of break this rule. I could have listed a bunch of small, start-up blogs here but without spending hours and hours on the net getting to know them first I’ve opted to nominate those blogs I know to be quality and worthy of a shout-out. While some have well over 200 followers it’s a list I would honestly recommend you take a quick look at.
- Sweet Aroma Words (Friend of mine busting the busy world of perfumery.)
- Little Life of Rachel (So cute , great for reviews and this will be her second nomination by the looks of it.)
- The Fashion Buzz (I like this chic’s take on showing you her own style – it’s like looking into a friend’s wardrobe.)
- Eloise’s Diary (A weekly diary with tips and ticks from make-up to recipes.
- A Life Less Bullshit (Need I say more?)
- Design Seeds (Soo good for a colour palette search.)
- Create As Folk (Laura gives great email if you’re on the verge of trying to change careers.)
- Apartment Therapy (Take one of the visual tours through an apartment, house or work space for some interior inspo.)
- Eat Yourself Healthy (Sally Joseph has some great wholesome recipes here.)
- Always Made With Love (And how can you now?! A pretty place from a swept away Mumma.)
- And in no way least by being last Trina Holden‘s blog just seems to deliver headlines that ‘click with me’ every time!
Rule #5: Answer the 11 questions they have left and ask your nominees 11 questions
And here’s what Libby left me…
1. What’s your favourite book?
Kris Carr’s Crazy, Sexy, Diet – life changer for me. But a recent read, The Comfort of Lies, was pretty good.
2. If your life were a movie, who would play you?
Hmm, Mandy Moore? I have no idea why.
3. If I looked through your iTunes, what song would you be most embarrassed for me to find?
50 cent ‘In Da Club’
4. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate and a lot of it!
5. What made you want to start a blog?
Seeing someone I knew have turn a blog into a business.
6. Who’s the biggest influence in your life?
My Husband – his chilled nature has rubbed off after 10 years and it’s done me the world of good for me.
7. Would you rather go camping or to a resort?
Resort – every time.
8. If you could go back to school to learn ANYTHING, what would it be and why?
Maybe design? It was something I thought about but never pursued.
9. Describe your dream vacation?
Apartment living near a beach – anywhere in the world.
10. Who was your first crush?
Dylan from Beverly Hills 90210 (gush!)
11. Name a goal you wish to accomplish in the next six months.
Hoping a move is on the way!
Thanks again Libby for the nomination and I hope my readers enjoyed cruising through the answers <3
Images: Stephanie Hudson